Monday, January 01, 2007

The perfect gentlemen who was ditched over a dog

It’s funny that after few years of being single, and you got used to it, you get to meet another person that will somehow gives you the thrills and excitements you have on first dates. I always feel that way… on every date… you could quote me on that! But this is not about me though, this about a friend, a new one. He’s been antsy of this rendezvous with a girl he’s been constantly chatting with for 8 months now. It was a good laugh to see his face when he was thinking of what could happen after that rendezvous… I can’t help it he looks like that character in the comic that is published at Tempo. He has a lot of hesitations, and he’s thinking about so many things about the girl and a lot of what if’s as well… and he was telling me he’s not in love yet. FINE!!! Come Friday night, I texted him and wished him good luck and throw some palaboi reminders (can’t say words of wisdom!), he told me that he’ll be saying something to me if ever we cross path through YM… and that’s impossible now cause the freakin YM is busted! Grrrr!!!... Well back to the story… of course the palaboi won’t wait for another time… if you can tell me the details now! TELL ME!!! That time he was too darn tired to get up and have his phone loaded, but after few minutes he started blurting it all out… thanks to his sister who got him loaded… and so the date was cancelled… and the reason was that dog which was given to the girl by her dad, as she said she needs to cancel the “date” cause she needs to take the dog to the vet. It was so annoying to be so excited about something then in just a snap that excitement will be replaced by disappointment. Not to mention the lame excuse! Anyways… while talking through to this friend of mine I get to know him better… there are some good points that might be useful and some I don’t agree… but I won’t mention which is which… it’s up to your discretion…

Just a reminder, these are written down as texted…Here goes:

*She bailed on me over a dog. And it’s not even a long time pet, a new dog. Like how’s that suppose to make me feel? We were suppose to have coffee. She said she feels really bad about it, and that next time will be different and she’ll pay for the coffee to make it up to me. Sabi ko nlang, yeah, maybe next time. But there wont be a next time. I don’t have plans of asking her again. I can buy my own coffee thank you.*…I don’t believe that guys should be at the mercy of girls on or before courtship. We also have the right to say “no, this won’t work!”*…I’m not mad, just a little disapointed. Think I’m gonna show her I’m no ordinary dead-beat guy & the thing about me is, I don’t ask the same question twice… I asked her once and that’s it.*It’s kinda like playing basketball. I don’t like being benched. I know I’m good and I don’t deserve to be in the bench. Especially when the guy playing my spot is a two-bit dufus who can’t even dribble. And to know that I’m being sat on a bench because of a dog is even worse.*I won’t be no dead horse for no woman. The thing about me is I don’t really give my 100% at the start. I give it my all when I know I have something special already.*You know what they say, in a card game; don’t use your good cards early in the game. Wait for the right time; use it only when you know you have a winner in your hands.*To me courtship and dating is a game. But before you think I’m an insensitive prick. Let me explain. It always starts out like a game. But as it goes along, that’s where things become more serious to me. Knowing that you’re playing a game with a worthy opponent. Someone who earns your respect and adoration that you just have to bow down and say “you win”.*Courtship and dating is like a game. But relationship and commitment is not.*I’m not cocky, never.*I like dogs, so I’m not jealous… she’ll regret it anyway. He he he, I’m walking away from this with a big friggin’ smile on my face.*I hope the dog will take care of her when she’s sick, or hold her hands and reassures her when she’s scared, uneasy or uncertain. Hahahah bitter! Ei joke lang!*I am smiling, and the good thing about it is that I’m not faking it. At 23 I feel like I’m much too old to let things like this break my spirit. That’s what experience has thought me…*…I’m just saying let it go. Your friend was out-charmed by a dog. A very expensive dog, I know. One that rich fathers give to their daughters to make up for the fact that they’re sucky parents.*There’s nothing wrong with being single. I know a lot of people who are in relationships and miserable. At least I can say that I’m doing fine, not great, but at least I’m doing fine, on my own.*Al, I’m not bitter. A bit disappointed, but not bitter. Bitter about what anyway? Because she decided to take the dog to the vet instead of meeting with me? Don’t even qualify as an argument.*Bitterness is when you know someone owes you something and be deprived of that. She doesn’t owe me anything and vice versa. She’s not obligated to put me first. That’s one thing about establishing connection with someone, you do it because you want to not because you owe it to that someone.

Oh well the next messages are not for public read, sorry for that. Just sorted out what I think is vital for some. This, I hope, would serve as an eye opener to women as well… not all men will bow down just because he got interested at you. Men are not just after your booties, some of us are sensible too… we feel what you feel too sometimes. And please be reminded that MAYBE, just maybe… that guy will be talking to a friend (LIKE I DID) till the wee hours. I’m the victim here! Hehehhe… just playing…
Peace bro… like I’ve said I’ll be writing an article about this… now it’s your turn! You have my blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home