Sunday, August 28, 2005

going to Regatta?

Ha ha ha! I wish, but why not?
I was so excited on joining Rham and her bf Budoy on their rowing training at CCP, that I got up very early and arrived 15 mins earlier at Figarro… since I really like this new experience I waited patiently till Ayla and Rham arrived past 6am… too bad Ken wasn’t able to make it today…

Fortunately Bage’s team waited for us so we head on to the shores of Manila Bay. Ayla and I have to transfer to the other boat in the middle of the sea… not literally middle, just wanna use middle today! Ha ha ha! They call the shorter boat a China boat and the longer one Taiwan boat… or the other way around… hmmm… whatever… it all got mixed up; I’ll just need to verify it with Budoy or Rham next week. So we transferred to a smaller boat with other amateur rowers… and were trained of the Basics by Budoy. After an hour of paddling, making the person in front of me wet and hitting his paddle… I get to master the bend-twist routine but still have to work on to the box-thing technique he instructed us… and after that hopefully next week we will be taught of the J technique. It was really tiring for us first timers, so tiring that we have to rest our paddles every now and then to cope up, but all in all… it was a blast! Plus all the people there are very approachable and friendly.

2 Comments:

Blogger lenai bojc druz says...

the longer boat is called singapore boat.. per rham! sowee!

30 August, 2005 08:48  
Blogger lenai bojc druz says...

i am not saying i have gone to a regatta... but there will be one on the 18th of sept... olrytie?

30 August, 2005 11:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home